Extensive remains of all three runways, and perimeter track, although they have been reduced in width. Part of the main NE-SW runway is a public road, approximately where a previous road existed. There are a few remaining camp buildings; hardstands; guard post; bomb storage area. Farmers who had lost their land to the airfield eventually had the fuel dump, communications building, hangers, pool, and most hardstands destroyed. The control tower began decaying in late 1950’s and was destroyed in early 1960’s.
AEROCLUB PICTURES – Quonset huts – 1944